Join the AMEDICA Corporate Team
AMEDICA devotes significant effort to maintain a corporate culture that promotes leadership, camaraderie and pride in one's work. It is a place where employees are recognized for their work ethic, teamwork, and dedication to helping physicians and their patients.
We offer competitive earnings, benefit packages, and career advancement opportunities. In return, we look for commitment, integrity, hard work and loyalty.
Please fill out the application form here to submit your resume to Amedica.
AMEDICA is an equal opportunity employer with opportunities available for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Current Job Openings
Senior Project Engineer - Product DevelopmentClick here to apply for this job.
Basic Job Functions
Successfully plans and executes engineering activities pertaining to the development of spine products and associated instrumentation to drive product development and business growth with little or no supervision.
- Accountable for design and development of new innovative products
- Proactively leads multiple cross functional projects effectively to achieve project milestones with high quality of work
- Maintain formal design history files per company procedures and organizes engineering output per good engineering practices
- Supports improvements to existing products
- Evaluates products, parts, or processes for efficiency, design for manufacturability, and reliability
- Prepare and deliver oral and written progress reports
- Routinely read patents, research manuscripts, and industry news related to focus area
- Effectively manages prototype manufacturing vendors
- Generate models and create engineering drawings using GD&T principles
- Continuous proactive management of new and existing product risks
- Identify appropriate product test standards, write clear and concise test protocols and reports
- Critically investigate engineering problems and execute/offer solutions to technical challenges
- Collaboratively work with manufacturing and production engineer to ensure products meet company specifications
- Provide and execute recommendations for continuous improvement for design control and other related processes
- Provide mentorship/supervision of design engineer(s)
- Expert modeling and drafting in CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong mechanical designing skills, as demonstrated by prior work and academic record
- Ability to handle pressure and maintain focus in a startup environment
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively with all levels of the company
- Demonstrated leadership ability to lead teams and supervise/mentor
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles, design for manufacturability, statistics, and various types of mechanisms and materials
- Requires up to 25% travel. Office is well-lit, heated and/or air conditioned. Day-to-day activities generally require minimal lifting, carrying, bending and pushing/pulling.
Internal: Reports to Director of Product Development. Works closely with Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control, Materials Research, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Logistics, and General Administration personnel
External: Surgeons, Manufacturing Vendors, Testing Facilities, Patent Attorneys, Medical Professionals, and Distributors
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering or similar and 4-10 years of medical device experience in the field or in a related area.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field with 6-10 years of relevant medical device experience.
- 6-10 years of experience in product design and development, developing and manufacturing medical devices from concept to commercialization
- Experience as a self-motivated, high performing leader and team player
- At least 5 years of project management with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of achievements in continuous improvement and new product development
- Good understand of quality systems and FDA medical device regulations
- Proficient experience working with surgeons and vendors effectively
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
Quality Engineer II - ManufacturingClick here to apply for this job.
Basic Job Functions
Develops inspection protocols, procedures and sampling plans, and performs or directs the inspection of raw materials, in-process and finished products to ensure compliance with applicable specifications and regulations. Works closely with Product Development and Manufacturing groups to ensure quality requirements are clearly defined, communicated and documented. Oversees and/or performs inspection and testing of materials and products to ensure adherence to these quality standards. Analyzes inspection data, prepares summary conformance reports and recommends corrective actions. Oversees the operation and maintenance of mechanical, analytical inspection and test equipment. Directs or performs calibration activities, and maintains calibration records on all production and inspection equipment. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Develops quality requirements, inspection protocols, procedures and sampling plans for raw materials, in-process and finished products.
- Designs tooling or fixtures, and recommends necessary equipment or gages to perform incoming, in-process and final inspection on raw materials, in-process and finished products.
- Assesses the physical and chemical properties of raw materials.
- Determines the visual and dimensional characteristics of work-in-process and finished goods.
- Analyzes inspection data and prepares summary conformance reports.
- Recommends corrective actions when necessary.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of mechanical and analytical inspection and test equipment.
- Performs or directs calibration activities, and maintains calibration records on all production and inspection equipment.
- Writes departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Works regularly with suppliers, vendors, and consultants to ensure their compliance with quality specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Risk Analysis
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Computer Aided Design
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- ISO 13485 Requirements
- FDA cGMP Requirements
- Lift minimum 30 pounds, machine noise and dusty environment. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers, operate computers and operate laboratory/manufacturing equipment.
Internal: All level employees in Manufacturing; Administration and Products personnel
External: Supply vendors, facility and maintenance
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in quality, mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering, and ASQ certified.
- Three to seven years experience in quality engineering, with an intricate knowledge of standard quality concepts, practices, and procedures. Must have proficiency with CAD, CMM, gauging and metrology instruments, and control systems as applied to the inspection of raw materials, in-process and finished products.
Machinist II - ManufacturingClick here to apply for this job.
Basic Job Functions
Fabricates or reworks ceramic or metal parts by operating 3-axis through 5-axis CNC milling, turning, grinding, and micro-finishing machines. Assists in tooling, fixture design and machining development. Capable of running machine tools manually as well CNC. Uses CAD models, blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product. Responsible for daily machine maintenance. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Translates CAD files into CAM programs, and completes post-processor development and downloads programs to CNC machines.
- Develops machining practices, machining and in-process inspection fixtures.
- May assist with the direction of machine set-ups and machining operations. May assist with overseeing recording keeping and documentation of results. Maintains work order and related inspection records.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), documented safety measures, and appropriate regulations.
- Works to close tolerances and selected speeds, feeds, and tools for varying conditions according to reference manuals or materials for machine set ups, activities, and repairs.
- Reads, interprets and follows complex 3-D models, blueprints and inspection plans. Ensures that products are produced in accordance with required specifications.
- Uses statistical methods of quality control as directed.
- Monitors tool usage and replaces tools as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- CNC Programming
- Oral & Written Communication
- Microsoft Word & Outlook
- Physical Dexterity
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Math Aptitude
- GD&T Blueprint Reading
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Machine noise and dusty environment. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers, operate computers and operate laboratory/manufacturing equipment.
Internal: All levels of personnel within Manufacturing Dept., Administrative Personnel, Product Design Engineers
External: Supply vendors
- High school education and appropriate technical or trade school degree or certificate in CNC machining.
- A minimum of 5years experience on 3-axis through 5-axis CNC programming and operation of vertical machining centers, lathes, surface grinders and micro-finishing equipment. Prior experience in medical devices a plus.